Metal bed frames are a great choice for a range of different interior styles. They can have an industrial feel with the right accessories, or they can fit into a more contemporary or bohemian-inspired bedroom with the addition of colorful textiles and eclectic decor.
To help you decide if a metal bed frame is right for your bedroom, we’ve rounded up some of the pros and cons of metal bed frame below.
Pros of Metal Bed Frame
1) Strong and Durable: Metal frames are very strong and can withstand a lot of weight. The frame is usually made from steel or iron, which makes it extremely strong. Even the thinner metal bed frames can support heavy mattresses and bodies without bending or breaking. Some metal bed frames even come with a lifetime warranty against breakage.
Metal bed frames are extremely durable, making them ideal for families with pets or young children. They can support heavy loads without bowing or breaking, and they can last for many years without appearing worse for wear.
Metal lasts longer than most materials (including wood) and usually does not wear out like other materials do from getting up, sitting down, or bouncing on the bed. If you have pets that jump on your bed frequently, this may be a good choice for you.
2) Lightweight: Even though metal is a very strong material, it’s also lightweight. This makes it very easy to move the bed if needed. You won’t need much help moving a metal frame, even if it’s full of heavy items such as books and spare blankets.
3) Attractive Design: Metal is often painted with various colors to make it look more attractive. They come in an extensive range of styles, from vintage-inspired to modern and minimal, so you’re sure to find a piece that fits your decor aesthetic.
4) Affordable: Metal bed frames are easily the most affordable option. You can find a metal bed frame in almost any style and size for less than $500, which makes them extremely budget-friendly.
Cons of Metal Bed Frame
1) Metal bed frames are prone to rust over time, so it’s important to make sure the frame is covered with a corrosion-resistant finish before buying.
2) Some types of metal will transfer heat from the mattress to the sleeper, which can be uncomfortable during hot summer months.
3) The main problem with metal bed frames is that they can get cold in the winter months since metal is not a heat conductor like wood or fabric. To combat this issue, you should consider investing in an electric blanket or look for a piece that has built-in insulation like wool padding.
4) Metal bed frames also have a tendency to squeak when pressure is applied, which may bother some sleepers.
Metal can be noisier than wood when it comes to the creaking sounds that are common with moving around in bed or getting up in the middle of the night. If you live in a small apartment, dorm room, or other places where sound carries easily through walls, this may be something to consider before purchasing a metal frame.
All about Metal Bed Frame
A metal bed frame is an essential element in the bedroom that can make a difference. It is perfect for adults and children, depending on the model, measurements, and color. The main advantage of this type of bed is that it is made of metal, so it is resistant and durable. Remember to choose a good mattress with a good thickness, to give you all the comfort you need.
The metal bed frames are very easy to install because they come ready to put together in the box. You do not need any type of tool or special know-how. With some models, you can adjust the height to your liking, since they have wheels that you can remove as needed or legs that will allow more inclination of the bed.
Metal bed frames are usually black or white, but there are many colors available on the market. You can also find them with different designs and models: minimalist, country, for children. And all this without forgetting its functionality and durability, which are always present in a metal bed frame.
Metal bed frames come in a wide range of styles, so you can easily find one that is suitable for you. These bed frames are usually very affordable, and they are built to last, so you should be able to enjoy your metal bed frame without having to replace it anytime soon.
The main benefit of a metal bed frame is that they are durable. Metal frames need less maintenance and tend to last longer than wooden frames. They are also fire-resistant, which is a benefit if you have children or pets in the house that can accidentally start a fire.